I must say a three day week this week was nice. I normally work 4 ten hour days with Friday off, but three days is even better. Thursday afternoon I got a dose of appreciation for my "chaotic" life. A couple of the guys from my unit and I were helping to investigate a burglary of some guns. Without getting into too many details, the suspect's home was absolutely deplorable. I cannot believe people live in those conditions. The only bright spot was that no children were in the house. Besides being a complete mess, the plumbing did not work. They had buckets in every room for that, the bath tub and even the back yard. GROOOSSSS! I feel blessed to have never lived in those conditions and had parents that worked so I would never have to live in those conditions. Sometimes I get frustrated with life, but I have a family and a home to live in. I literally bleached the bottoms of my shoes when I got home. Sad to say, I've seen such things before. If you ever need to feel good about your life, ride with a patrol officer for a night. What you may see will make you appreciate your situation and maybe even your problems.
No comments:
Post a Comment