
This is an amazing book. It was written by WM. Paul Young. I just finished it last night and I find myself thinking about it a lot. The book is fiction, but very thought provoking. In substance, this is what the book is about:
A grieving father receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him to meet in the Oregon wilderness where his daughter has been abducted and murdered. In a world where religion seems to grow increasingly irrelevant "The Shack" wrestles with the timeless question, "Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?"
I felt this was a perfect time to recommend this book as I recently learned that a friend of a friend, who I have had the pleasure of meeting, passed away Wednesday at age 36 leaving behind two young sons and a husband. The only answer that makes sense to me is that it is not for us to understand, but to have faith in God and know he is always with us. We just need to call to him and listen.
I agree, this is a great book. Mike even read it. There are so many things this book speaks to and explains...it is really a moving experience to read it!
ReplyDeleteI have heard great things about this book too... It is on my list to read this year.
ReplyDelete